The BS in Computer Science course prepares the students in the implementation and use of computing systems, study its architecture and its interactions of hardware and software. The students will be able to learn, develop and implement conceptual strategies for effective design and their applications. The discipline includes theoretical framework, fundamental algorithms, programming languages, operating systems, and software engineering techniques.
DESCRIPTION OF THE LOGO
ROUND SHAPE: It symbolizes foster unity and harmony with the spirit of true camaraderie among enthusiasts.
GOLD COLOR: It symbolizes dynamic and responsible leader, motivating student’s interest, uphold noble ideas to help raise the level of social consciousness and public awareness on issue and policies that affects the life of all the members. It also symbolizes actively participate to any activities in the university; render service, provided that such services should not be against the principle of the organization.
WHITE COLOR: It symbolizes the advocacy for transparency, truth, justice and fairness among members.
DARK GREEN COLOR: It symbolizes integrity and dedication to serve from among the members of the organization with the hope of building and sustaining a true and good image of the students.
CSS CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS. Click here to download:
- July 18, 2012: The election of CSS officers for the S.Y. 2012-2013 was done through a manual election held at the IT Laboratory 1. The election was organized by some of the out-going CSS officers who served as election committees during the said event and assisted by the CSS advisers.
- August 5, 2012: The CSS officers and advisers together with the FITS organization conducted a whole-day masswork to repair, repaint, decorate and maintain the cleanliness of the CSS-FITS park which is located infront of the CAS building.
- August 17, 2012: The CSS officers and advisers joined the USSC-SO Mass Induction to be recognized by the University Student Organization held at the University Gymnasium. The officers and advisers wear their organizational uniform with their cultural attire during the said event.
- August 25, 2012: The CSS spearheaded a one-day seminar-workshop on Graphics Designing using CorelDraw and Video Editing using Sony Vegas participated by NVSU students and some participants from other school held at the NVSU Mini-Theater. The organization conducted the said event to update and teach student especially IT enthusiasts on photo editing and lay-outing as well as creating and editing videos. Mr. Joey Galiste, staff of the IPPRC office of the university served as the Lecturer or Resource Speaker of the said seminar workshop. Dr. Concepcion J. Asuncion, Dean of CAS, also attended the event to support the activity of the organization.
- August 8 – September 12, 2012: As continuation of the Alay-Damit Outreach program of the CSS, the organization received clothes donation from NVSU student donors particularly from the college of Arts and Sciences and College of Engineering. The said donations were given during the outreach program organized by the organization held last December 2012.
- September 12, 2012: The senior members of CSS (4th Year) and some officers participated in the 10th Philippine Youth for Information Technology (Y4IT) Congress with the theme “It is Power: Celebrating a Decade of Transforming Lives” held at the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City. It is considered the country’s biggest gathering of IT experts and professionals, students and educators. This event gave a rare chance to participants to know the latest IT breakthroughs, establish a network of contacts, and see how the field looks like.
- September 15, 2012: The CSS officers and some members joined the Tree-Planting program spearheaded by the Gamma Spectrum Clan, an organization that promotes environmental and youth activities held at Gawad Kalinga, Bascaran, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya. The organization participated in the said event to show support on the Clean and Green project of the Municipality of Solano. This is to show also that CSS is not only concerned on what service they can give to the university but also to environmental concerns.
- September 24, 2012: The CSS organized the “Battle of the Brains”, a contested-activity which composed of three competition category: Java Programming, Graphics Designing, and Fastest Typist in celebration of the 33rd CAS Founding Anniversary. The said competition was held at the E-Lab1, E-Lab2, and IT Lab 1, respectively. The competition was participated by BSIT and BSCS students. Winners were given tokens plus a certificate of recognition, while non-winning participants was given a certificate of participation.
- November 24-25, 2012: Three members of the CSS officers (Sheba Paje – President, Phyllis Joy Bello – Secretary, and Nilda dela Cruz – 4th Year Representative) participated the Balangayan Camp, a leadership training sponsored by the USSC of both Northern and Southern Campus held at Gawad Kalinga in Dupax del Sur.
- November 30, 2012: As continuation of the Balangayan Camp Leadership Training, the three CSS officers mentioned above joined the Community Service as part of the said event. The said officers and other officers of NVSU student organizations rendered a whole-day community service at Bambang Central School in Bambang, Nueva Vizcaya.
- December 1, 2012: The CSS sponsored a whole-day masswork organized by the College of Arts and Science Student Organization (CASSO) now College of Arts and Sciences Supreme Council (CAS-SC), the mother organization of CAS. The CSS officers and members with the assistance of the advisers cleaned the back area of the CAS building as assigned by the CAS-SC.
- December 8, 2012: The CSS in cooperation with the CASSO spearheaded the Alay-Damit outreach program at Brgy. Casat, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya as a part of their activity plan for the S.Y. 2012-2013. The said event was organized to show service not only for the university but also to the community. The main reason why the organization with the help of the CASSO was to bring joy and fun especially to the children as an early gift for Christmas. The two organizations prepared mini-games for the children, gave prizes to the winners plus a free feeding. The highlight of the said event was the giving of clothes for babies, youths and even for the adults.
- December 15, 2012: The CSS officers rendered services in preparing materials spearheaded by the mother organization CASSO, used during the University Christmas Program. The organization helped in painting some materials needed in the competitions for the said event.
- January 25, 2013: Some CSS officers and the four advisers attended the 2nd Northern Luzon Congress for Information Technology Education with the theme “Leveraging Knowledge for Advancement through Information Technology” sponsored by the School of Computing Sciences and Information Technology of Saint Mary’s University, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya.
- February 13-15, 2013: The CSS participated in the celebration of the University Barkada Fest 2013 spearheaded by the University Student Supreme Council (USSC). The organization exhibited fun and enjoy activities such as the Valentine’s Day FotoBooth and the “Touch Me Not” game.
- April 18, 2013: The CSS developed and launched their CS Alumni Hub, the official alumni website of BSCS graduates. It was designed and developed by Mr. Vilchor Perdido, one of the CSS advisers with the collaborative efforts of the other advisers and officers. This alumni hub served as the online alumni community of BSCS graduates that caters information of fellow alumnus such as employment status, yearbook photos, connects friends or classmates through chat, posted jobs and others. Any CS graduates can be a member of the alumni hub by registering first and will be activated once the admin confirmed the registration. The CS Alumni Hub is to keep members connected with their fellow alumni and the NVSU community as well. The CSS Alumni Hub is now online. You can visit here.
No Accomplishment of this Organization to show
No Accomplishment of this Organization to show
- June 15,2015 - The election of CSS officers for the S.Y. 2015-2016 was done through a manual election held at the CAS201a. The election was organized by some of the out-going CSS officers who served as election committees during the said event and assisted by the CSS advisers.
- June 27, 2015 - The CSS officers and advisers together with the FITS organization conducted a whole-day masswork to maintain the cleanliness of the ITLaboratories which is located at the library.
- July 31, 2015 - The CSS officers and advisers joined the NCSSC-SO Mass Induction to be recognized by the University Student Organization held at the University Gymnasium. The officers and advisers wear their semi-formal attire during the said event.
- July 31, 2015 - The CSS Officers participated during the SO Night exhibit and displayed their own bulletin where it shows the accomplishments of the organization.
- September 29, 2015 - The CSS participated in the celebration of the CAS Founding Anniversary spearheaded by the College Of Arts and Sciences-Supreme Council (CASSC). The organization exhibited fun and enjoy activities such as the “Find Your Forever” game.
- November 18-20, 2015 - Some CSS officers attended the 2015 Echo and Leadership Seminar with the theme “Bringing young leaders in the loop to promote sustainable quality leadership thru awareness and involvement ” sponsored by the NCSSC of NVSU, Bayombong Campus, Nueva Vizcaya.
- February 10-12, 2015 - The CSS together with the FITS and their respective advisers organized their very own CSIT week where there were various activities (Cosplay Competion, Speed Typing, Programming, Quiz Bee, PC Assembly, Digital Photo Editing, Digital Poster Making and Web Designing) .
- The CSS officers with the Advisers developed the official website of the CSIT Online Alumni Hub to cater registration of CS and IT graduates, traced or tracked their whereabouts especially their employment status. (visit the Alumni Hub at http://alumni.nvsu.edu.ph)